Monday, November 21, 2011

Will tanning cover up my acne scars?

I have thousands a white spots from acne on my back. Will tanning help cover them or no? I am also interested in tanning because It covers cellulite and helps with existing blemishes. I am just wondering about the white spots. No bogus answers!!Will tanning cover up my acne scars?
They seem to be more concealed after tanning.





Though my dermatologist has been telling me for years that I should protect those areas with more SPF because even though they might look to me like they faded, what tanning really does is discoloring those skin imperfections even more.





He says he tells his patients how bad tanning beds are by regularly show them charts with the rising number of melanoma (skin cancer) diagnosis among his patients. Indeed, he has shown me some charts (every now and then). Other than that, he gets mad when he hears the ';tanning bed'; phrase 鈽?





I go to the beach a lot and what he told me really bugged me, so I didn't follow his advise..... EVER... 鈽?br>




It's been a few years (like he said) and all I can tell you is that I WISH I DID FOLLOW HIS ADVISE.... he was right......








FYI: he is 47 yo and looks like in his early 30s, my wife says his skin looks like a ';porcelain tea pot';Will tanning cover up my acne scars?
No, it will actually make them even darker/more visible because the scarred skin is alot thinner than the rest of your skin. Dont try and tan them, it will only make them worst, they wont blend in with the rest of your skin. Use a high SPF sunscreen to prevent them from getting darker.





The best cure is to try and get rid of your acne, to prevent future scarring. I sed t have bad acne, and am currently taking Trimephrim/roaccutaine which must be prescribed by a GP. They have alot of side effects but are causing my acne to dissapear, my skin is really clear, and the acne scars are slowly fading.





Best wishes
i have a few scars too and i have found out (from experience) that tanning makes them stand out even MORE! try some cover up

No comments:

Post a Comment