Monday, August 23, 2010

Can you get tattoos over scars?

I have pretty extensive scarring on the bottoms and tops of my arms and, while I won't get one for a few years, I really, really want a tattoo. The one I want would go over the underside of both my arms, where there are scars. Can I get it there, or not?Can you get tattoos over scars?
Yup. I got a tatt on my leg for the soul purpose of covering up a very nasty scar. I was warned that it might need touching up due to the ink not staying in scar tissue as well, but luckily it never needed it.





Actually, if you have a tattoo picked out that you really want, but can't figure out exactly where to get it, going over a scar is a practical answer.Can you get tattoos over scars?
yepp. you sure can.


that area may not take the color as well, but you can get it touched up too.





I have a tattoo on my right foot that covers a bit of a scar, it was a little more tender and the color seemed to fade a bit, but I'm still completely satisfied with it.


hope this helps =]
Yep. My friends dad just showed me the tat he got over a scar he had on his arm. Before he told me it was over a scar, I couldn't even tell that it was. He said it hurts a little more but it hides the scar.
yes you can!


but it might not take the color in as unscarred skin. also since it's tender, it may hurt more.

No comments:

Post a Comment