Monday, August 23, 2010

When someone is hurt emotionally, why they say that their scars hurt but not wounds?

my friend that was raped said ';it scars you for life';. and many other people say that they have scars. why dont they say that they are wounded? cause scars dont hurt. I have few scars and they dont hurt, but when I was wounded, then it did hurt.





';these scars needs to heal'; - this sounds weird. a scar is already healed. its the wound that needs to be healed, not a scar. why people say that?When someone is hurt emotionally, why they say that their scars hurt but not wounds?
Scars never heal! They may not bleed, but trust me, they are always right below the surface visible or not. I knew a girl that was raped at 14 years old, 10 years later she's walking through a department store and happen to smell the same cologne that the pervert had on who raped her. She got in her car, sped home, and promptly shaved her head. When asked why she did it, she said she didn't want to look or feel pretty. Scars NEVER heal!When someone is hurt emotionally, why they say that their scars hurt but not wounds?
scars are the result of a wound, when it is emotional, it means it will always be with you, it may lighten in time and sometimes it may even appear to disappear, but it never totally goes away. Scar is the proper choice of describing an emotional pain/event. We heal the wound, but the scar becomes a permanent part of our lives.
Wounds heal. Scars are forever.
scars dont heal
Because a wound can heal, a scar is a constant reminder of that wound.
This is how I see it. I can get cut with a blade on my face, it might hurt for a little while, but I'll get over it, the scar will heal and the pain will subside-however, I am scarred for life.


If I am ambushed and my leg is blown off, I will heal, but I will be handicapped by what happened for the rest of my life. I'm wounded. I cannot hide what happened,,and it affects the way I live the rest of my life here on this earth.


I encourage the word scar. If you tell me that you are scarred, I feel like you are letting me know that yeah, You see it on my face right now, and I'm hurt, but over time it wont hurt so bad, and the scar will slowly fade away becoming nothing more than a distant memory.


If you say you're wounded I feel like you are letting me know that you're hurt permanently...and there is no getting past the pain of the memory.
When they say ';Scars'; - scars are a visible sign of a wound so it can never be forgotten, even though the 'pain' is gone the memory of what made the wound is still there.


My husband wrecked our car, he got scars on his back from it, I never remember the wreck until I see the scars and then the memories come back.


The rape is a mental scar on the brain. Always there to see.

No comments:

Post a Comment