Monday, August 23, 2010

Does Mederma work for Hypertrophic Scars?

Well, does it? I've gotten hypertrophic scars on the back of my arms due to having acne. My doctor says that they'll go away over time, but I heard about Mederma and was thinking if that would work.





Also, is there ANY OTHER remedy for hypertrophic scars?Does Mederma work for Hypertrophic Scars?
My daughter has a hypertrophic scar on her neck/throat area from having to have a trachea inserted when she was in a near fatal car crash and in a coma for 3 months. She had the trachea in for about 5 months.





The nurses recommended Mederma, which we did use. I'm not sure if the Mederma helped to flatten the scars a bit, not completely or if it was just the natural healing. The Mederma did fade away the redness. I don't know how long you've had the scars but the key for treating these type of scars is time. You have to start working on them almost immediately. Applying pressure on them will help in flattening them.





All in all I feel that the Mederma did help and it certainly can't hurt to try it. But you have to use it every day %26amp; we used it several times a day.

No comments:

Post a Comment