Monday, August 23, 2010

Do nose piercings leave noticeable scars?

i want to get mine done but i'm not allowed only for the reason that my mum thinks they leave really horrible, noticeable scars.


is it actually true?Do nose piercings leave noticeable scars?
Honestly everyone is different. And how you take care of it matters. If you neglect to give it proper care you will have infections, and such, and the scar will most likely be more noticeable than if it were healthy. Also, it depends on when you take the jewelry out. If you wait for the healing process to be over, it won't really ';heal'; back together like it would if you took it out a few days after it was pierced. When a piercing heals it creates a small healed tunnel of flesh inside of the hole. If it doesn't get a chance to create that, you have a better chance of the ';tunnel walls'; healing up together. Honestly, some people have noticeable scars, some you don't even know they were even pierced. But I will say that I have had mine pierced twice. One I currently have, and one I took out. There is no trace of the one I took out. But of all the 20 piercings I have, I don't have one scar any more noticeable than a chicken pox scar.Do nose piercings leave noticeable scars?
There will, most likely, be some scar, but it should be very tiny, since the jewellery worn in nose piercings is generally very small compared to other piercings.





I couldn't find a good picture to demonstrate, sorry. Maybe ask around and find someone who has taken theirs out, you probably haven't even noticed that someone you know used to have a nose piercing.
Everybody is different, but I know a few people who let their nose piercing close and it didnt scar that bad at all. You could see a small dot if you got close enough... but you wouldnt be able to see it unless someone was close enough to like kiss you lol! My boyfriend had his lip pierced and let it close. Same thing there... there's a small dot but its not very noticable unless you know there used to be a piercing there.
If you scar easily, then yes, you will have a noticeable scar. However, if you don't scar or if you rarely get scars, it will be minimal.
The scarring depends on the skill of the person who does your piercings and the care you take of it while it heals. Make sure to keep the piercing clean during the first few days. And be gentle around that area.
I had one when I was about 16 (I'm now 25) I wouldn't say its ';really horrible'; but it did leave a small scar. It kind of just looks like an enlarged pore, no one has ever commented on it, but I hate it.
I don't know about nose piercings but eyebrow ones do :(
Mine didnt scar at all. You can't even tell I ever had one.
yeah they do leave scars and they leave big holes
Mine didn't scar at all! But my friends did. Every body is different.

No comments:

Post a Comment